This webpage is designed to educate you on the need of flood insurance in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas. On this page you will find great information and facts, links to resources, and contacts of professionals that can assist in answering questions beyond what is on this page.
Seven Rules to Remember
- Every building is in a flood zone
- Don’t need to be in a high risk flood zone to purchase flood insurance.
- Building and Contents Coverage are purchased separately.
- A federal disaster declaration is not necessary to file a flood insurance claim.
- The Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP) is not guaranteed replacement cost policy.
- Coverage is limited in basements.
- Time element exposures are excluded – Direct vs. Indirect Damage
Information Sheets and Brochures
- Condo Coverage
- What to Ask Your Agent
- Real Estate Fact Sheet
- Top Ten Facts
- Myths and Facts about National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Summary of Coverage
- Insurance Agents Lowest Floor Guide
- Answers to Questions about the NFIP
- Why You Need Flood Insurance
- Know Your Risk
Additional Information and Contacts
- Sue White – Hub International Insurance – 609-425-2078 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earthworks – 843-651-7900 – Surveyor
- Mark Ousley – Full Steam Ahead – 843-626-7391 – mark@FSAMB.com